2006 Lexus GS 430

Discuss the best sedan 4-door to get or not to get....

Moderator: azi malik

2006 Lexus GS 430

Postby TheEditor on Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:43 pm

The 2006 Lexus GS 430!

Engine 4.3 Liter
Cylinders 8
Horsepower 300
Torque 325
Gear Type 6-Speed Automatic

Word is that Al-Futtaim are already taking bookings! Can anyone confirm?

TheEditor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ali on Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:02 am

This is the cream of sport-sedans!
It has 300 bhp, but thats just a minor feature. You have all the acronyms you would want. AVS that automatically selects the appropriate suspension damping level, you get VDIM which integrates sensors and controls from the ECB brakes, you have VGRS,EPS, VSC, EBD, etc etc.
Electronic throttle, and engine management systems to monitor conditions, anticipate the skids or slides. What this all gives is your car has the perfect braking system on this planet, which means you can use those 300 bhp at more ease of mind.

What really I liked about this (like all Lexus cars) are thsoe fine details in the interior. It comes with a keyless Smart Access RFID type sensor that will automatically unlock as you approach it. It gets better than this. Open the door, sit down, press the brakes and press the "start" button! Although sounds simple and straight-forward, I dont know why other cars still dont have this (the only other car I've seen this in is on the TVR).

Inside the GS 430 is everything you would expect to see inside a Lexus - everything designed and ying-yangs balanced like a japanese zen garden.
Turn on the music surround system, relax and don't fall asleep!

Driving the GS 430 can be done in "normal" or "sports" mode, which adjust the AVS shocks to the proper suspension levels. The running in both modes is smooth and quite. VGRS provides good feedback into the steering and you feel the grip on the road. All in all a great pleasurable drive, as expected from a Lexus.

Lets not forget this is a big car - 4.3-liter V8. The transmission is a manually-shiftable six-speed which provides performance with economy. There's an automatic/steptronic option as well. The engine is a 32-valve dual overhead cam aluminum alloy V8 with VVT-i variable valve timing.

The car is expected to retail around AED 215,000. Compare it with a Mercedes or BMW in the same league, you'll find this to be a bargain.

This is not a recommendation to buy, but a recommendation to go do a test drive and lets compare notes!
Ali
Cruiser
Cruiser

Return to Sedan