golf gtu 2000 - 2002

Discuss the best sedan 4-door to get or not to get....

Moderator: azi malik

golf gtu 2000 - 2002

Postby nikhilesh on Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:21 am

hey guys!

could you gimme an inside info on Golf Gti 2000 and 2002. i have driven a 94 gli and was a blast. im really looking forward to purchase this one.

what is need to know is:

1. the maintainence cost
2. the performance
3. modifications (easily available?)
4. durability

i would highly appreciate if someone can review me on these points.

thanks a lot guys

take care and godspeed

nik
nikhilesh
Rookie
Rookie

Postby T.N.T on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:28 pm

Maintenance cost isn't high because spares are easily available and a Golf is a reliable car.
Performance: There are 2 kinds of performance:
The 'standard' kind: It's a good performer. They work well in U.A.E heat and are fuel-efficient.
The 'PUT-A-SMILE-ON-YOUR-FACE' kind: Bang for the buck I have to say. Although they are not very fast, they are certainly faster than most cars on the road.
Modifications: Zak is the man to talk to. Although I think modifications are easily available. Performance group might have kits to offer and engine mods are available too. Power Curve trading has superb bodykits for the Golf that you are looking for (00-02). Speaker systems, lowering kits and wheels can be found from anywhere. Digitec does ECU tuning for the GTi.
It is a durable car and withstands abuse from the owners very well. :P
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Highly appreciate it!

Postby nikhilesh on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:25 pm

I highly appreciate your reply.

I am looking for a Golf Gti 2000-2002 onwards if anyone can help me that would be great.

Moreover i currently drive a honda civic 1993 manual, D16Z6 engine. its kinna messed up. you know, the old car problems. but the engine is in an immaculate condition. do you know any garages that do a good work on the car. please do let me know.

as for the golf. thanks a million.

take care and godspeed

nik
nikhilesh
Rookie
Rookie

Postby T.N.T on Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:37 pm

'Good work', could you just explain the work that needs to be done so it would be easier! Although I still don't know much about good garages.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Some work

Postby nikhilesh on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:22 pm

hey tnt.
thanks

well i need to fix the general problems which are fixed in services. the dynamo, steering alignment, suspensions (sports - jumpers rods AND springs)

well, actually i need to do a MAJOR service on the car. i dont wanna get bumbed by al futtaim. if there is any other place possible which do a good job and dont charge as much as trading enterprises.

the truth is that i love the car. its bloody awesome. cuz of these problems my car is not able to move around. i dont want to sell it at any point.

hey one more thing, can the interior be changed from brown to black. i mean the dash board and the door sides. please help me out on that as well. cuz when i bought the car the guy had coloured it blue on the insides as well...i havent done a major service on the car ever since i bought it and i have quite some time on my hand to do so. i will be going to germany regarding my work and i thought i could give it in.

please do enlighten me on it.

last but not the least. what all mods can i do to it (performance)? and how much will it cost me? i already have a different exhaust, knn filters, different gear box(dont know, but the guy says its an integra gear box)

as you must have read all that rubbish above im sure you must have known that im a total newbie and a virgin at all this.

i really appreciate your time and concern for this thread. truly obliged.

thank you
take care and godspeed

nik
nikhilesh
Rookie
Rookie

Return to Sedan