Tyre

Discuss technical questions about repairing, modifying, protecting your vehicles. Also tips on spare parts and accessories and where to best find them....

Moderator: azi malik

Tyre

Postby Presto on Wed May 19, 2010 6:55 am

One of my tyres had a side punctured and is beyond repair.
I am thinking of buying a Hankook tyre rather than Pirelli since it is so prone to punctured here.
In this case, I will end up with 3 Pirelli, 1 Hankook and a spare tyre which is Bridgestone.

Any advice?
Thank you.
Presto
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Profession: *
My Dream Ride: Nil

Re: Tyre

Postby azi malik on Wed May 19, 2010 1:57 pm

hmmm... i would reckon go for another pirelli... when you are doing the tyre balancing and other stuff... the company difference will get bigger and you will not be able to have that normal ride...

I would recommend to go for a 2nd hand pirelli... and untill all the tyres wear out... use them... and then buy a whole new set of tyres that you want like Hankook or bridgestone
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Postby root on Wed May 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Like Azi said, you will have trouble with balancing..the tracks on tires make a difference and having 2 different tires on the same row will cause problems.

You'll need to get 2 of a kind. I am not sure finding a second hand tire from Pirelli of the same condition would be possible, or easy.

My suggestion would be to get another Bridgestone like your spare (unless your spare tire is one of those only temp usage ones), so you have a pair, and make one of the Pirellis your spare.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby fadi khan on Mon May 24, 2010 4:05 pm

buy one for now... make them all old then get a new one of your choice... dun go for different companies at the same time... u will ruin ur car!!
fadi khan
Drifter
Drifter

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: MBA
My Dream Ride: Cygnus

Return to Repairs, Spare Parts, Maintenance