Remote Key Fob Repair

Discuss technical questions about repairing, modifying, protecting your vehicles. Also tips on spare parts and accessories and where to best find them....

Moderator: azi malik

Remote Key Fob Repair

Postby Pacific on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:24 pm

My Honda Acord's key is loose and wobly. I am not able to use it as I fear I will break it into 2 parts. Any one has an idea where I can it fixed or whr I can get a new key programmed.
Help much appreciated. :!:
Pacific
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby T.N.T on Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:29 pm

Check out the dealers first.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Pacific on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:05 pm

I checked with Al Futtaim parts centre, it will cost me 1350 AED. Thats way too steep for a key.

Any help guys !!!
Pacific
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby root on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:56 pm

Normally you get atleast 2 of the programmed keys with every car. I had one of my Toyota keys break up as well, so I'm on the second.

Did you check with the dealer if they are able to cut you the new key without re-programming the entire car? Sometimes, the encryption in the ignition start cannot just be 'copied' and needs the entire car and keys to be re-programmed. This is to stop illegal duplication of keys (like when you drop off your car at Valet, etc).

It might be cheaper to get a custom car ignition and alarm fitted in. Thats another option.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby root on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:11 pm

I happened to pass by a key maker today that also does car keys.

He said that the only place to get those programmed keys made is at the dealers and they cost about what you wrote.

He however did have new holders for keys that broken, and can repair them, and move the electronics into the new holder. He showed me the casing for Toyota keys, but I'm sure Honda keys are also available. The holder costs AED 60.

So..there might be hope!
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pacific on Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:47 pm

Dear Root, It would be great if you can share the address and location of this key maker. :D
Pacific
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby root on Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:34 pm

Ummm...this was in Abu Dhabi! If you are AD based, then its on 11th Street next to the Lulu Hypermarket. There are a bunch of car repair and mobile shops there. There are a couple of key makers there.

I am sure you'll find similar guys in Satwa, Karama, Deira, Al-Awir. If I see one I'll let you know.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pacific on Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:22 pm

Unfortunately I am based in DXB, if you see any shops around here please do let me know.
Pacific
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby firasdxb on Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:28 pm

root, i work in Abu Dhabi, and exactly at Abu Dhabi mall commercial tower. If i want to change my brake bads during the lunch break and spend 90 minutes, is there any close place to buy them and have them changed...

i do not mean Mussafah, because it is obvious..
firasdxb
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby root on Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:32 pm

firasdxb...I don't know Abu Dhabi that well. I am a Dubaiiite as well.
I just happened to be in Abu Dhabi that day in that area on 11th Street next to Lulu Hypermarket. There are a bunch of car workshops..mainly tires there. Dont know if they do brake pads.

In Dubai, you can get them done in 90 minutes at many places. I normally get mine done in Awir on Al-Khail road. There are a many workshops there and normally one can drop in and just get it done then. And its cheap as well.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fayz on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:14 pm

Pacific wrote:Unfortunately I am based in DXB, if you see any shops around here please do let me know.

In Lamcey Plaza, near the back enterance there is a key maker that may be able to help you, I saw remote car key housing's there, if the internals are all good the can just change the key housing but if you have problems with the key internals i.e. the computer inside the key you are SOL good luck.
fayz
Tuner
Tuner

Key Fob Repair

Postby Pacific on Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:07 pm

Dear Fayz,

Thanks a ton for the tip, :D I went to Lamcy Plaza yeseterday and got my Key fob repaired, they have housing for most of the major brands.
Pacific
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby fayz on Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:49 pm

Glad it worked out :)
fayz
Tuner
Tuner

Return to Repairs, Spare Parts, Maintenance