S-type jaguar repair needed,wanted garage, experienced!!!

Discuss technical questions about repairing, modifying, protecting your vehicles. Also tips on spare parts and accessories and where to best find them....

Moderator: azi malik

S-type jaguar repair needed,wanted garage, experienced!!!

Postby radhooi on Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:44 pm

i have a jag bashed up on the whole right hand side including the complete front plus rear bumper.
i need a garage to fix the car up, do electrical work, denting / painting, mechanical work.
does anyone know where i can find a good cheap garage???????
thx... :)
radhooi

Postby root on Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:19 pm

Yikes! That looks bad!

Cheap garages...this is the cost pyramid in northern UAE with the cheapest first:

Ajman, then Sharjah, then Qusais, Rashidiya and Al-Awir, then Al-Quoz, then the agencies/dealerships.

Most decent size garages will fix all types of cars with varying quality.

It kind of depends on the quality you are after. Dealerships normally will try to replace as many parts and not do denting/painting.

A number of insurance companies send their car repairs to the high-end non-agency garages. There are a few in Al-Quoz area...take same exit from Sh Zayed Road as for Barsha (Mall of Emirates) and then go left from the second lights. There is Max, Esquire and a few more garages here. They have modern equipment but these guys are not the cheapest though.

In Al-Awir there are about 4 blocks of workshops...mainly smallish. It can be worth taking your car there and going up and down the blocks to find someone who can take over doing this. Here its cheap, but customer service sucks. Normally they will not take on jobs they cannot do.

The electrical work is going to be the trickiest. For this you oughta go to someone who does Jags or the dealership. Dont know any good Jag workshops though. If you can find a non-agency Jaguar spare parts dealer in Sharjah then they'll probably be able to guide you to workshops that buy from them.

After writing all this, I guess I was not of much help ;)
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Repairs, Spare Parts, Maintenance