need help on MERC 560 SEC

Discuss technical questions about repairing, modifying, protecting your vehicles. Also tips on spare parts and accessories and where to best find them....

Moderator: azi malik

need help on MERC 560 SEC

Postby fastbeak on Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:07 am

hi!
i imported a very well maintained classic... merc 560 sec... 1990...
its in tip top condition with very low mileage...
would really appreciate if cud get advise on how to get a good sports kit for it n from where... anything else besides AMG... coz got details on that... thx!
fastbeak
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby T.N.T on Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:20 pm

Your car is a bit old so it is hard to find a bodykit for it especially in a country like U.A.E. You might want to try online sellers.
These are the companies I know which might have bodykits for your ride: (Courtesy of a friend :wink: )

AMG
Brabus
Lorinser
Koenig Special
MKB
Renntech
Carat

About your ride, it is a very special coupe and has many 'world's first' features, a short list:

- Airbags, as an additional measure of occupant protection.
- Traction control ASR to prevent wheelspin (a Mercedes first).
- Seat belt pretensioners ETR enabled all seat belts (with exception of rear center lap belt on sedans) to tighten when the car sensed conditions that could lead to an accident; such as sudden, forceful braking.
- Anti-lock braking system ABS brakes
- Self-leveling suspension
- Courtesy lights on the underside of the doors, to enable the occupant to see the ground when exiting the vehicle in the dark. And on sedan models, individual, rear cabin reading lamps aimed at the rear seat occupants' laps so as to avoid distracting the driver at night.
- 8-way powered, dual stage heated front seats, with two setting memory functions for both front occupants to retain positions of power adjustable steering column and seat position for driver; and seat position for front passenger.
2-way powered, dual stage heated rear "Chesterfield" rear bench seat
- Fully automatic climate control system that used an interior temperature sensor to more accurately climatize the cabin. This sensor was mounted near the sunroof so that when the roof was ajar, the sensor would detect cool windchills and call upon the system to adjust heat flow accordingly.
- Exterior temperature sensor with display set in main instrument console below the speedometer to inform the driver of exterior conditions.
- Four-Speed automatic transmission with a topographical sensor that monitored the vehicle's position (whether on an incline or decline) and gas pedal position. The result was an extraordinary capacity to "hold back" acceleration when coasting down hill and to maintain the S-Class' position without using the brake pedal after coming to a complete stop on a steep incline.
- Cruise control that used the transmission's topographical sensor to appropriately add and cut back the throttle fluidly as needed in order to maintain the desired set speed. The result was a cruise control that was free of the sudden throttle inputs and undesired downhill excess speed that plague many current cruise control systems.

Believe it or not, some features still make me go 'wow' considering the model-year of this coupe. (Thanks to an e-mail for the above info)

Here's a link for enthusiasts. Ask them about bodykits, they might be able to help you: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

MERC 560 SEC

Postby Overdrive on Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:15 pm

Hi Fastbreak,

Can you tell me how much you paid for the car? Was it imported from Germany?

My suggestion is to not pimp this ride!
Overdrive
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

saddams 560 SEL?

Postby root on Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:26 pm

Hey, there's was a new story about some US soldier buying Saddams Merc 560..actually pimped up for around $5000 and shipping it to the US.

Wonder if fastbeak bought that one? ;)

The cheap pimping of 560s I've seen mainly in Saudi were with some aviator wings on the back and a 1000 SEL badge. And yeah, get it painted something striking like golden metallic.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

here's the saddam vehicle

Postby root on Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:30 pm

From: http://www.caradvice.com.au/16/saddam-h ... edes-benz/

It seems that the American’s have finally found some Weapons of Mass Destruction. Hah, yeah right. Okay so maybe not, but CNN reports that a US soldier bought Saddam Hussein’s 1988 Mercedes Benz 560 SEL for $5000 (USD).

Although the US governmenet doesn’t seem to be laughing. It seems that the US government wasn’t too happy that one of their soldiers brought Saddam’s WMD back to America! CNN reports that the car has now been seized by custom officials pending further investigation. It doesn’t look very good for Mercedes Benz either if you ask me. I mean sure they made planes to kill the allies in WW2 (their emblem is a propeller) , but we forgave them for that, but now this too!

First Sgt. William von Zeal said he bought the car while serving in Iraq. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents said Thursday that the car, which was also equipped with loudspeakers and hidden microphones, was being treated as a “possible war trophy.” The vehicle also had a series of pipes that shot flames from the sides.
CNN

Flames from the side? I guess that’s a handy feature for a dictator. You gotta wonder about Mercedes though, when a client named Saddam Hussein comes and asks for an armoured Merc with Flame throwers on the side, what do you do? Not ask why should we sell a Merc to a dictator, but rather, did you want some Mustard gas to come out of the exhaust as well? We are running a Mustard gas special, this week only!

Mercedes sold three armoured 560s to the Iraqi government in 1988
CNN

I wonder if AWB paid for those cars.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fastbeak on Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:53 am

hey overdrive...
i bought that car from a friend of mine... who imports from japan...
i mean i asked him to get me the car in very good condition... it cost me 14,000 dhs in total and 2 month wait...i already sold the car for a couple of thousands more... now im looking for a SEL... and different colour...
fastbeak
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

hey...japan import tricks?

Postby root on Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:55 pm

Fastbeak!
There are many people who are interested in knowing on how to import from Japan. Things to think about etc.

Do you wanna give us all a run-down of your experience ? you can obviously keep some of your trade secrets still secret ;)
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overdrive on Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:01 pm

Hahahahaha, Root, thanks for your take on Saddam's Merc ... your comment on mustard gas from the tail pipe probably got Autodealer on the red-alert list of the CIA, and I doubt if they were as amused as we are!!

Fastbreak, sounds like quite a deal ... only one issue, cars in Japan are right-hand drives, u managed to sell it for a couple of thousand more in dubai ?? DAMN! You're worse than the smooth talking used car salesmen in sharjah!!
Overdrive
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby fastbeak on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:08 am

hi root!
sorry been out of town for a while...
bout the japanese import... here how it goes with me...
if u have a friend who owns a used car business in uae n they import from japan... then things quite easy... u ask for what u need n they can find it... though it'll take a few months with the whole process of buying n shipping and clearance etc...
my friend's dad owns one such business in sharjah/awir... i had asked him that i was looking for the merc with the details... he is been accompanying his uncle to japan n they buy 2nd hand cars in japan and send it here to dubai...
im sure the car must have cost him a max of $2000 n he had to make profit regardless of me being a friend... no matter for the car waz in great shape...

miss overdrove... japan has RHD cars but for ur info they also have LHD... surprised... i believe u never been out in the market to see what they sell n where it comes from...
next time u on the roads n track a car that has the label 'YANASE' on the back... well thats one of em imported from japan... i dont need to go into details... my trans am was imported from japan and driven there for 10 years until i bought it here in dubai... n that cars a LHD as well...n by the way... i did 'manage to sell it for a couple of thousand more in dubai'... plus many cars with american specs (imported from USofA)... mostly american n german cars (all LHD) r sold to japan used car market and latter on they are bought n shipped to dubai... just like the dubai RHD used car market in al-aweer from where cars are shipped to other countries...
even the 'Yakuza' drive LHD mercs... if u know wat i mean...

I've seen LHD vehicles in Japan, nothing makes a guy look cooler than when he has to get out his car to pay at the toll booth/drive thru...

a lil for the ones curious bout the car culture in japan:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8701392936812760087&q=jeremy+clarkson
fastbeak
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby fastbeak on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:18 am

hey overdrive... no offense... u spelled my handle wrong...
didn't realise u were already part of this forum n also wat u really meant... my bad im sorry for sounding an a******... i wonder wat tnt got to say now...
fastbeak
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby fastbeak on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:22 am

by the way guys...
i spotted this really cool 94' s600 v12 coupe in aweer...
guess what u guys got to say bout it... aside from the gas guzzler thang...
appreciate thx!
fastbeak
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby navadv on Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:50 am

can u import some Honda Type R's ?

would love a 2000 Model or even a newer version :D
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby T.N.T on Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:38 pm

hey overdrive... no offense... u spelled my handle wrong...
didn't realise u were already part of this forum n also wat u really meant... my bad im sorry for sounding an a******... i wonder wat tnt got to say now...

I have no idea what you are talking about. :roll:
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

V12s

Postby root on Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:53 pm

V12s are normally problem getting serviced/fixed around here (or anywhere). In my view the pain vs gain ratio of owning a V12 is higher than my liking and would stay away from them.

And yes fastbeak, you need to grow up a bit! Those comments were not cool..it was good you realized it yourself though :)
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Honda Type Rs

Postby root on Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:55 pm

Is'nt the Type R a popular youth sports car in Japan...meaning gets abused a lot.
What you want is a 'Type R' owned by some grand-ma.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Repairs, Spare Parts, Maintenance