Drifobia: Japan vs Saudia Arabia vs Pakistan!

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Drifobia: Japan vs Saudia Arabia vs Pakistan!

Postby fadi khan on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Word’s aren’t arranged to describe these nations. Anarchy, on the streets is their favorite sport. May you be in Saudia or Japan or Pakistan, folks love the absence of law on their streets especially when they are behind the wheel of their ride. Even if law is there to abide them, anarchists will pursue them. Frankly speaking; it should be the other way round but it isn’t. Takes matter of seconds for the anarchists to disappear in the darkness of night even in a technologically advanced Country like Japan.

impp_0807_09_z+2008_formula_d_las_vegas+subaru_wrx_drifting-300x225.jpg
impp_0807_09_z+2008_formula_d_las_vegas+subaru_wrx_drifting-300x225.jpg (20.08 KiB) Viewed 3005 times

I won’t get into the history about how street racing started, because then I would have to go back 8 decades in time and come forth. But it did have something to do with lack of money to access the rings to settle their adrenaline for speed, sound of engines & the scent of burning tires, then there was chaos. The streets were inarguably the place where they were no rules & Marshals; one could do anything with a car and get a decent round of applause for his ‘stunts’. Make name or as time evolved, make ‘Respect’ (Thanks to NFS for giving us the appropriate word).

Different countries have different sorts of Motor Sports done on the streets illegally. Like, USA’s official Street Racing anthem is a V8 singing Drag Racing, Japan’s Official Street Racing anthem is tires crying out loud “Drifting”.

f5795328-300x173.jpg
f5795328-300x173.jpg (13.08 KiB) Viewed 3002 times

Whereas Saudia Arabia has many kinds based upon different Cities; Tafheet, which is a form of Drifting in which you do insane speeds on FWD cars then go sideways, this sport is quite profoundly performed in various cities of KSA but roots out from Riyadh. Then you move a bit more in KSA towards Qatif City where they practice Tokyo Drift as well as Burnouts. For the boys of Qatif City, ‘show-off’ is non-existent in terms of displaying cars, its all about skills. The more hardcore you go the more respect you get. NYTimes reporter did a report on Tafheet;
fadi khan
Drifter
Drifter

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: MBA
My Dream Ride: Cygnus

Re: Drifobia: Japan vs Saudia Arabia vs Pakistan!

Postby root on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Tafheet! learn something new everyday.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby azi malik on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:15 pm

\m/
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Postby charliey on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Saudia receives their first A330... still working A330
charliey

My Profession: sdasdasd
My Dream Ride: asasd

Return to General Chat