buying used car from private seller

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

buying used car from private seller

Postby Brembo on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:24 am

could someone tell me how to go about this? a colleague asked me for help and i have no idea.

if the buyer is going for a bank loan, will he/she need a letter from the seller which states the sale amount of the car?

for registration part i guess both buyer and seller show up at a rta office with driving license, passport copies, registration card and insurance papers and then run from counter to counter?
or would it be better off just paying someone to do the above?
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Re: buying used car from private seller

Postby root on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:00 pm

For bank loan, when it comes to new cars, they already know the prices.

For used cars, the banks use a depreciation model where they will only finance to a certain price/percentage. They dont really care at what price you bought it at, but would be interested in what the market price to sell that car would be (in case you default or run away).

I would think that for most cases, they will want to see the car and do a private evaluation. Otherwise, there are chances of fraud.
But have never financed a used car myself (always pay cash!) so not really sure.

Some of the big used car dealers have a bank finance guy there, who will do all the stuff for you. Most of the other dealers have tie-ups with banks that will get it done as well.

For registration, yeah, you need to all show up, and sometimes its easier to pay for the VIP service. In the large scheme of things its just a 100-200 dirhams extra.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to General Chat