firm didnt ship a car , what should i do ?

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

firm didnt ship a car , what should i do ?

Postby eldardjan on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Hallo !

my name is Eldar and i got one general question about car dealing in Dubai .

U know , i found one foreign firm in Dubai that sells cars .

I had ordered one and paid , but firm didnt ship a car/or any documentation about deal .

I attempted to contact with firm many times , but it didnt response to any of our notifications about contract binding etc.

Could YOU please suggest any futrher actions for us in this case ? To what organizations we need to appeal to sue this firm and return money ?

Many thanks in advance

Eldar

ps website of a firm : arasme.com
eldardjan
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: Car
My Profession: Student
My Dream Ride: Maseratti

Re: firm didnt ship a car , what should i do ?

Postby T.N.T on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:38 pm

Go to the police!
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby eldardjan on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:14 pm

where ?

ps i m not in UAE right now , and I cannot come to police department .

PS2 could You please suggest any web links , alternative methods (whatever ) that can help me /?
eldardjan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby eldardjan on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:26 pm

ps 3

Actually i ve sent few letters to Dubai police department , but they dont response .
eldardjan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby eldardjan on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:27 pm

maybe i might appeal to National Bank of Dubai ? (its been proceeding transactions ).
eldardjan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby root on Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:08 pm

first, how could you just send money across without verifying the other party? Sounds kinda careless. Anyhow bygones are bygones.

How did you transfer the money? If it was Western Union or something then it will be a lot harder. If it was through a bank account to another bank account then it is at least traceable.

You could always call the bank and through them complain.

Eventually as TNT said, if its a case of criminal activity, you need to report to police.
You can do it through UAE embassy in the country you are in as well if you want official response.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby eldardjan on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Everything is cool . i got all documntation and it s verified , valid and legal.

Frim just hadnt shippped a car . And it doesnt reponse anyhow to my communication .

I paid via transaction through **NBD**(National Bank of Dubai ) . but ths bank cannot help me cos imnot a customer of this bank and due to *high level security and confidentiality** of banks work .

Actually i ve sent few letters to Dubai police department , but they dont response .

ps could anyone help me with it ?? i called to Dubai police department , but they say it is better to email dem . I emailed dem few times , but they dont response .

maybe can anybody call dem explaining my situation ?? cos u know my arabic isnt so fluent :(.

ps 2 thank you for ideas about bank-sender and embassy . I ll try to do something with it as soon as possible.
eldardjan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby root on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:02 am

Police not responding to email - I am not surprised!
I doubt anyone will want to call police on your behalf, unless they know you well. Its too much hassle otherwise.

Was it a company you bought from or a private individual? and where are you shipping to?

In some countries, you can even do a police report in your local country, and they will forward the issue to the foreign police in the foreign country. But its kind of a slow process.

Other alternative is to catch a flight and come to Dubai. It might be the fastest and cheapest way to resolve it. Depends ofcourse on how much you sent, and if it justifies the extra cost.

Regarding bank, atleast you have transferred through legal means. Banks have full details, including passport details of their customers, so in that case once police wants it will be very easy to track down the person.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to General Chat