Need number plate help

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Need number plate help

Postby ewap8 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:57 pm

I want to buy a Dubai number plate with 4 digits and need your advice...

The numbers have to add up to nine or any multiples of nine (9, 18, 27 or 36)

So basically, it can be anything like 7011 (7+0+1+1 = 9), 6921, 2745 (2+7+4+5 = 18), 9891,,, you get the idea, the total of the individual numbers should basically add upto 9 or its multiples.

I prefer a the A plate code or the D code.

My question is: do you know anyone who would have a list of number plates for sale?

I've been to the RTA and it seems they are very incompetent and number plates sell through their internal network so we are unaware whats going on unless we have a connection inside the RTA. Also, they were visibly unhappy to speak to someone who didn't speak in their language (Arabic) - I've gotta learn Arabic fasttttt.

Do advise if you have any such number plate for sale, or know anyone who sells these
ewap8
Drift King
Drift King

My Ride: Infiniti FX (2010)
My Profession: N/A
My Dream Ride: Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Re: Need number plate help

Postby T.N.T on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:38 pm

Souq.com, or you could check in those AutoTrader magazines.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Brembo on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:58 pm

buy autotrader from any petrol station, they got 1000s of number plates for sale im sure you will find one. though the prices there seem a bit crazy
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby root on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:48 am

There are a few listed on this site as well!

Also, at the Eppco Tasjeel registration place, if you ask the typist for a special plate, he'll hook you up to guys within the registration office that do this business on the side. Getting a 4 digit plate is kinda easy - will cost you starting from 4k upwards based on how nice the number is. Its the 3 digit plates that get more expensive.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Zander on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:56 pm

I am in the same boat as well, I have been told you can pick up a 4 digit plate from the RTA for about 2000 but not having much luck getting a half decent one as they seem to be average. What I find funny is that some of these average numbers are then going at souq.com and other places at a premium of 5000+

I shall check at Epcco Tasjeel but if anyone else has a half decent plate for a sensible price please let me know

Thanks
Zander

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: IT
My Dream Ride: Lambo Gallardo

Postby root on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:04 pm

For 2000 I don't think you'll get any, unless you know someone at RTA who does you a favour. There's a premium already associated, and most friends who have 4-digit plates paid 4k upwards.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby ewap8 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:41 pm

@ root:
Number plates start from 1000 at RTA in Umm Ramool. You can get 4 digit number plates from from 1500 upwards, depending on the combination of numbers. Obviously the sky's the limit.
I want to buy from the RTA coz they're significantly cheaper than any other source - problem is that they are a pain to deal with...
ewap8
Drift King
Drift King

My Ride: Infiniti FX (2010)
My Profession: N/A
My Dream Ride: Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Return to General Chat