Best Fuel Efficient and Hybrid Cars Cuurerntly in Market

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Postby Makkered on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:54 am

TNT.. choice of yaris though is kewl.. but for my opinion the front looks lame. Still i have time coz getting My Envoy in one week to 10 days time. so for other thinking getting something different like Hybrids. Help me to get some knowledge on hybrids, i beleive Honda has already tested hybrids in Middle East in Saudi.
Makkered
Tuner
Tuner

Postby navadv on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:59 am

I am sure u could import it without an issue....

However, if u ever have a mechanical problem - Good Luck!
Honda wont touch it because they wont know how to work on it. When u finally do find a garage that is willing to do any work on it, any parts that are needed will take ages as it needs to be imported.

God forbid someone bumps u from behind in traffic, and again - Honda doesnt carry body parts for the car.... endless issues if u ask me.

I know u want to save the planet :wink: , but ur still better off with a civic, corolla or some other small engined car that is still extremely fuel efficient. :)

In your price range (below 75K), your free to buy any small car u want, as they all generally fall below the 60K mark.
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby Makkered on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:14 am

It is true. Nice piece of advice and conventional too.. But only the case of interest and knowledge, was asking for some info on hybrids..
Makkered
Tuner
Tuner

Postby Makkered on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:26 am

If hybrids have to work then i hope there should be a Head and tail link with the conventional engines. What i mean to say is some basics i think should be common in engines. Like Piston, Plugs etc.. also transmission has to same to. Only thing might be the difference the additional Electric motor, batteries, Seamless transition btw conevntional and Electric Motor, also Gears Shift locking, hydralics control in brakes.. etc..(Upto my knowledge).
So you may need to reduce space in the engine compartment may be reduce the engine capacity to 2.0 L and below. lemme see if i can workout something on this... :wink:
Makkered
Tuner
Tuner

Postby WSF on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:01 am

Ive never thought of cars n electronics 2 be good friends... i love it more mechanical.... btw how much money on fuel bills can u save if u drive a hybrid car? n its 15-25% more expensive than the oridinary version of that car... i dnt think ppl would buy these in da uae... here theyre obsessed with luxury...
HYUNDAI'S 1st unofficial community for the UAE..
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby Makkered on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:22 am

WSF.. Think the fuel consumption depends on how fast you accelerate and brake. So if you eliminate the part then you can imagine spending 15% to 25% is worth it. And for Longer run it would be like filling the tank very month (Could happen). Coz either the way have you thought how much would fuel cost (Even in GCC, if they ever have the taste of money in fuel consumption locally) vary in next 15 years. Comparing that would like.. (Couldnt imagine, Entirely different issue). Check this out www.oildepletion.org a very informative website.
Makkered
Tuner
Tuner

Postby navadv on Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:41 pm

WSF - most cars today are much more than just 'mechanical' - in fact most of them involve alot of electronics!

Makkered - i understand what u are trying to say - but some hybrids today are extremely complex. For instance, I was trying to understand how the Lexus RX 400h (h=hybrid) engine works - seems it has almost 4 electric motors at each wheel and a whole lot of other complex linkages that i cant really comprehend.

Fact is, that the RX 400h isnt *that much* more fuel efficient - i think its more to do with "image" and "PR" - plus if people buy a "hybrid" then they get a whole lot of tax reductions in US too!
In a way i guess its a first step too - maybe in time the technology will really get alot better!

I actually came across an article the other day of a man who made a car run on water!! :shock: Through electrolosis - he managed to split H20 into H+H and O. Basically the car runs on hydrogen and expels pure oxygen! cool huh!?

If u really like this stuff check out:
1) how hybrid tech works- detailed discussion on Prius and Insight
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/hybrid-car.htm

OR

2) how hybrid technology works in the Ford escape:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ford-escape.htm

:)
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby Happy_GoLucky on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:24 pm

Yeh I have heard about this man who made the car run on water...

To bad he dissapeared not long after...hmmm :shock:
Happy_GoLucky
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby Makkered on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:40 pm

Complex structures are simple if you able to understand. The point is choosing when to on the motors and synchronizing them. Actually all of this can be controlled by putting set of codes to the ECU. Now a days hybrids are developing great strides in technology like reusing the brake power to provide more power or store energy. I hope you know already F1 is opting in this direction. I am going to give it a try using conventional vechicle. Probably using set of motors and test them. In 2 months time we will know what happens. lemme check on the availablity and workout the energy required for motor to generate enough power to run a car upto 40 kmph. And try to get the motors to generate that power. Also work on circuit to actually sync the motors and some of that sort. Main problem is to get power enough to drive the motors efficiently. Easily available batteries wont work though so may be import the battery pack only. And main part is to intergrate them into conventional car... Hm.. lot of work need time too. may be in 2-3 months time.
Makkered
Tuner
Tuner

Postby WSF on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:44 pm

Ur kidding rite??? dats sounds too complicated.... but would love 2 c such idea 4 real... im sure in da future pollution will b a concern 4 da UAE... n we will have a hard time running our petrol cars...
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby Makkered on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Yeah i heard of that too.. running car by Hydrogen generated by electrolysis. Great innovative stuff, probably that man would in some research centre developing technology. But great piece of work. Need a chat session to share ideas.. Root please help to work on it.. any help happy to assist you. Iam running 2 chat servers in IRC and 1 Chat server in Dalnet. Need Bot's, Php codes ?.. any of that sort..
Makkered
Tuner
Tuner

Postby Makkered on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:58 pm

WSF... Not kidding. I will finish the paper work in 1 month and get back on this issue. may be need all of your support(Ideas) too.. Have to check with a friend coz legality ... I think there is no problem to inform police and test it. anyway paper work has to be done first..one at a time..
Makkered
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:11 pm

I agree with navadv on everything.
Makkered, just do yourself a favour and buy something with an engine smaller than 2.0l. Hybrid's won't be coming to the UAE anytime soon so I suggest you forget thinking about them and trying to build something of your own.
BTW, if you still are attempting to do something like that, atleast give us the basic stats. Like what vehicle you intend to use etc.etc.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Makkered on Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:36 pm

In just 2 weeks time with the stats and basic, paper work wont affect anyways... as you said iam opting for Toyota corolla 1.3 Xli or 1.8 or Honda City or Civic. Anyways we will keep Echo as base model for this project.
So How much power needed to bring the echo from 0 to 10,20,30,40 and in 40 how much pwer needed to sustain speed. I terms of NM or any relevant terms..and then work on configuration of motor specs. Initial torque required.. Sync part is very easy use relay and Bootstrap controls to vary the on timings... a lot of work though.
Makkered
Tuner
Tuner

Postby WSF on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:15 pm

Sure Makkered we by ur side man.... really lookin 4ward 2 check any concept work uve done...
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat