Best Fuel Efficient and Hybrid Cars Cuurerntly in Market

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Postby navadv on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:27 pm

Wow - so ur going to try huh?!

Let me give u my thoughts on the matter:
First off i dont think the car should use its batteries to run till 40. I think that should be done using the conventional motor (the gas one).

Once ur cruising at say a speed of 50 and ur speed is constant, then the battery should kick in to keep u moving (....so maybe u do need to know how much power is required :?: ! - :lol:)

ok - so we need to know how much power first - right..!

i hear potatoes can power a light bulb :idea: (heheh j/k)

Keep us updated and once ur putting it together i would definitely love to give u a hand! :)
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby navadv on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:33 pm

Wow - so ur going to try huh?!

Let me give u my thoughts on the matter:
First off i dont think the car should use its batteries to run till 40. I think that should be done using the conventional motor (the gas one).

Once ur cruising at say a speed of 50 and ur speed is constant, then the battery should kick in to keep u moving (....so maybe u do need to know how much power is required :?: ! - :lol:)

ok - so we need to know how much power first - right..!

i hear potatoes can power a light bulb :idea: (heheh j/k)

Keep us updated and once ur putting it together i would definitely love to give u a hand! :)
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby T.N.T on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:09 pm

Hmmm, a few members here (more than 1, trust me) are trying to increase their post-count illegally! :P
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Makkered on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:39 am

Navadv.. The main point is to reduce fuel consumption. Car normally comsumes lesser fuel when crusing at speeds.. and during that time battery can also be recharged using that. But the Point if the car could start off with batteries it will save lots of fuel. We are looking at a car which has to shoot out in the start. Even if it starts with power equivalent to 1.0L engine that is more than enough. We dont have that resources to test it in a dyno. But we may able to create something which can be used as base. Who knows somebody owing a dyno testing centre would help us to test our car for minimal cost. Anyways Basic criteria is to eliminate the starting of the car with Gasoline.
By the way the update in the work.. I have taken some details regarding the Echo, Torque vs Speed Ratio.. And lemme put it in stats and get back tomorrow.. And we are able to calculate in terms of torque it would be ideal for configration of Electric motors..
Makkered
Tuner
Tuner

Postby Makkered on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:51 am

sorry for the mistakes...
Navadv.. The main point is to reduce fuel consumption. Car normally consumes lesser fuel when crusing at speeds.. and during that time battery can also be recharged using that. But the Point if the car could start off with batteries it will save lots of fuel. We are not looking at a car which has to shoot out in the start. Even if it starts with power equivalent to 1.0L engine that is more than enough. We dont have that resources to test it in a dyno. But we may able to create something which can be used as base. Who knows somebody owing a dyno testing centre would help us to test our car for minimal cost. Anyways Basic criteria is to eliminate the starting of the car with Gasoline.
By the way the update in the work.. I have taken some details regarding the Echo, Torque vs Speed Ratio.. And lemme put it in stats and get back tomorrow.. And if we are able to calculate in terms of torque it would be ideal for configuration of Electric motors..
Makkered
Tuner
Tuner

Postby Makkered on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 pm

Update i stumbled upon a site www.rri.se, i provides the Dyno test reports of almost all brands of cars. Please check out coz it is a best piece of information library.. It is taking time to Put the stats coz these PDF files are protected so we can select either Toyota Corolla 1.3 or Ford Focus 1.6 as Base model... Any updates all help would be usefull :wink:
Makkered
Tuner
Tuner

Postby navadv on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:25 pm

there is a mistke in ur post - here is the website again www.rri.se :)

TNT - lets keep the secret to ourselves :wink: :P
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Best Fuel Efficient and Hybrid Cars Cuurerntly in Market

Postby Makkered on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:40 am

Guys Alas Hybrids are starting to get much required attention.
Makkered
Tuner
Tuner

Previous

Return to General Chat