Fraud or Suspicious Advertisements - Please inform us!

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Re: Fraud or Suspicious Advertisements - Please inform us!

Postby cloudancer on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Yeah guys thanks.It was a scam for sure. I already contact the paypal and inform them.

I will keep my Bike.The problem was a angry wife.I convince her otherwise base on the two scams i already received.I love the bike. And now i can afford to have my dream toys.

How can i delete my listing? Do you know how?

Once again thank you guys!
Rgds

CD

Thanks for the Support!
cloudancer

My Ride: Porsche Cayman S Sport 08
My Profession: Cloud Dancer
My Dream Ride: Mig 29 Fulcrum

Postby root on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Yeah, dont know why the wives dont like our small innocent toys!

To delete, just login and then go to the 'Sell Used' section and you can see you listings. Just delete from there.

Would be interested to hear more about how you figured out about the scam, as it would be helpful to others to know the tricks used.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby cloudancer on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:02 pm

Thanks for the tip i will do it.

Regarding the scam .After i recevied an SMS and email confirming the deposit of the bike value.I receveid another mail,asking for 500 USD to be send via Western Union to a so called "Agent",unless my money will be frozzen. Wwe trade like 20 emails during the process

To be honest from the start i noticed something wrong,but i was searching,so i kept the business going just to see how far the guy would go.

The name the guy used was Michael Evans and the email was mclevnas32@hotmail.co.uk

I foward many messages to paypal and they confim the scam.Some people fall on the trap,because maybe they need the cash and so.

We need to be vigilant and share the process to a friend or so.

The first emaili received was this one here:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi seller,Just come across this MOTORCYCLE and i really like it.I will be making an offer of 72,000 AED hope you can send to me the invoice.
And,pls let me know if you accept my offer payment for the MOTORCYCLE which will be through paypal and pick up will be arranged as i have an agent to pick it up.
Hope to hear from you soon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last one was this:

to: XXXXXXXX
date XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
assunto***Important Message From PayPal***

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

You have received a PayPal Payment of $20,127.89 USD from Michael Evans

We've placed a temporary hold on the funds of this transaction

We wish to inform you that Michael Evans has made his intentions known to PayPal that he would like $500 USD to be sent to the recipient's address above via Western Union Money Transfer and as per New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which included the Transport/Delivery Charges ( SHIPPING COMPANY).

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advice you go to nearest Western Union Office, and send the $500 USD to the Transport Agent and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your Western Union Transaction Receipt (in .JPG Format).

NOTE: This is a security measure intended to help protect both the Buyer and the Seller.We apologize for the inconvenience that has caused you.

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via Western Union Money Transfer.

Click Here Locate Nearest Western Union Office

Agent Information

Address:Robinson Thomas
Eastney Road,
Croydon CR0 3TD,
United Kingdom..

Address Status:Confirmed

Your Account will be credited accordingly upon the receipt of details requested. Should either be sent in JPG format or send type details as:
Sender's Name; Receiver's Name; MTCN; Amount Sent;

You may Click Here or reply to this message directly using the reply button in your email to submit the required information or to contact the PayPal Customer Verification Department and include either transaction ID or reference number (PP843) quick recognition of this transaction.

Sincerely,
PayPal

PayPal Email ID PP843
cloudancer

My Ride: Porsche Cayman S Sport 08
My Profession: Cloud Dancer
My Dream Ride: Mig 29 Fulcrum

Postby root on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Can't someone arrest this guy from his Western Union account?
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Previous

Return to General Chat