i visited some car dealerships and my opinion of them

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Re: i visited some car dealerships and my opinion of them

Postby T.N.T on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:46 pm

The top range FJ is now selling for 109,999. Includes rear view camera, bluetooth, 9 speakers etc.
The Rav4 and the Fortuner are 79,999.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Are these those 'SPORTS' models that they were advertising in the paper?

Pretty tempting.

How much for the Prados and Landy?
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:49 pm

root wrote:Are these those 'SPORTS' models that they were advertising in the paper?

Pretty tempting.

How much for the Prados and Landy?

Yes they are the 'Sport' models.
Prado and Cruiser aren't on the offer because they weren't advertised.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Brembo on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:42 am

anyone know why they are advertised as 'sport' models? the fj, camry etc are not even close to sporty by any standards or are they comparing it to a yacht and calling it 'sport'? :roll:
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby root on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:59 am

marketing gimmick! reduce prices to sell stock, but not reduced for always!
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ewap8 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Brembo wrote:ewap shed some light on the oman prices which you found cheaper? and what about the import duty? even if you pay the extra 5% is it still cheaper?

also wanted to add the oman dealer i spoke to over the phone was the nicest dealer ive spoken to in the middle east, answered all questions spoke slowly with no hurry, even took my number down and said he would contact me when they get more stock and maybe then the prices will also go down a bit.
a very pleasant conversation and the guy seemed geniunely interested in making a sale.

Yes, the price was to destination (Dubai) and included all taxes and fees.

Agreed, the Infiniti dealer in Oman was very good and forthcoming with giving me accurate prices, and details.
ewap8
Drift King
Drift King

My Ride: Infiniti FX (2010)
My Profession: N/A
My Dream Ride: Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Postby root on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:48 am

what about warranty on Infiniti/Nissan if imported from Oman?
Do they have any workshops in Dubai?
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Brembo on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:12 pm

some more new info for you guys
called up the mercedes dubai dealer (gargash)dealer to check pricing on the ml350 and gl450 they have just the base models with no navi, backup cam etc.
so checked with the abu dhabi dealer (emc) and of course they have fully loaded cars but here is the catch, they will register only in abu dhabi for which you need abu dhabi visa. this is to protect the regional dealerships apparently

checked with oman dealer he said the same thing that if the other dealership complains to mercedes they could loose their commission and what not, but he does have a way around it.

oman dealer sells to an omani guy they trust, then the dubai buyer can buy from him atleast on paper.
the dealership will do everything and deliver the car to your door in dubai for a fixed fee which is still lot cheaper than the crazy dubai and abu dhabi prices.
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby root on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Was there any difference between the Dubai and Abu Dhabi prices for Mercs? I mean same spec mercs.

I remember that the VW and Audi dealer for Abu Dhabi (Ali & Sons) were willing to deliver to Dubai once when I inquired.
I am sure if you asked personally a sales guy (who gets a commission) he would have some tricks up his sleeve to get this done.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Brembo on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:28 am

well for the base model ml350 which retails for 213k, the dubai guy was willing to give it for 200k, the abu dhabi guy said prices were fixed, but the abu dhabi dealer has more options in their top of the line model with gps, backup cam etc which are not even an option in dubai. so if i want a fully loaded version for 240k its available only in abu dhabi and they 'say' they allow to register in dubai only.

you could argue since the fully loaded version is not available in dubai you have no other option other than buy from abu dhabi, im still under the impression the dealer cannot stop a buyer from slapping on some export plates driving it to dubai and registering it right?
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby root on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:16 pm

im still under the impression the dealer cannot stop a buyer from slapping on some export plates driving it to dubai and registering it right?

me too! I am sure there are ways to do this, and that they eat into each others areas every now and then.

What about service? I guess you'll need to take back to Abu Dhabi, atleast for warranty?
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Brembo on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:26 am

well if at all you successfully buy from AD and register in dubai i guess for warranty related work you have to go back to AD, i didnt enquire too much as my friend is either getting the lx570 or the x5 4.8, yes 2 totally different cars i know lol thats what i told him!!

i love the drive and handling of the x5 (the model with the adaptive drive) the other models without it had lots more body roll, i personally hate the active steering though which is standard on all x5 models. i tell you we get the worst options and the most expensive cars here.

the lx570 does feel like a palace on wheels and the ride is so comfy i almost fell asleep, had to fly over some speed bumps at 80kmph but the suspension is soft enough to absorb all bumps so well that i barely noticed it.
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby root on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:20 pm

well, they are both 7-seaters these days!

Any special deals going on with either these days? The X5 is really overpriced here IMHO.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Brembo on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:10 pm

specials u say root? :lol:

the lx570 is sold out all over the uae, you can get one if you order and wait for 2months here. no offers, no free insurance/service no free nothing not even a smile or even a mildly interested salesman!!! lol
in oman they are out of stock till july 2nd week and i was quoted 37,000 omani riyals, what is the exchange rate? 10 AED = 1 OMR?

the x5 is ridiculously overpriced last time my friend checked he said the 4.8l ones go from 305k-400k and they have about 4 different models in that range but atleast you get a 100k kms or 5yrs servicing.
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby root on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:56 pm

what happened to the credit crunch and recession??
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat