Exporting a chrysler 300 to pakistan

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Exporting a chrysler 300 to pakistan

Postby HEART BREAK KID on Thu May 22, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi everyone
I was thinking of importing a used chrysler 3oo wide body for my dad in pakistan.It would most probably be white or black and not more then 25 months old cause u cannot import a car in pakistan that is older than 25 months.But the advantage of the old car would be that i would be getting a 300 much cheaper due to the high depreciation of 300 in dubai n i would have to pay less duty on it.There is as a whole 135% tax on a new car in pakistan and every month 2% duty is lessened and the duty cant b less than 50% hence the 25 months old rule.
I want a 3000cc chrysler 300 but in dubai there is only 5.7l n 6.1l hemi n also if i could get a rhd then thatwould b fantastic.I know its hard to get n u guys would ask me to import from jaoan or some other place but the reason i want it done from dubai is that i wanna modify it n i know a bit about dubai n i have ur guidance here but somewhere abroad it would b a problem n i really wanna mod it cause there r a couple of 300 in pakistan so i want it 2 look out of the world if i encounter ny 1 wid a 300.I will also put up a pic at the end of a 300 which is great n looks quite what i want it 2 look but again i would like to add somethings.Also tell me about the gift n transfer of residence scheme which would help me a bit n this option wont be available 2 me nywhere else.Please tell me if u know how much a 25 months old 3oo would cost me in pakistan.
Attachments
EG-1099-0101-05.jpg
EG-1099-0101-05.jpg (138.07 KiB) Viewed 10184 times
HEART BREAK KID
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby root on Thu May 22, 2008 11:14 pm

That looks nice, with the mods, but is it really practical to have it exported.
The Chryslers are not really known for their great quality, and what will happen if something goes wrong.

But, again its your choice. I have not seen any 300 LX here which is their 2.7 liter variant. I don't think its imported here..but I might be wrong. The 300C is a big engine!

I still have a hard time to see your 76 year old dad with a car with Lambo doors. :)
How about a nice old Jaguar or a Merc?
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: Exporting a chrysler 300 to pakistan

Postby T.N.T on Fri May 23, 2008 1:49 pm

There are quite a few 300LXs in Awir. You'll have to import from the UK if you want a RHD 300.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby HEART BREAK KID on Fri May 23, 2008 3:30 pm

Thanx tnt n root 4 da advise
There r a couple of jaguars in pak n merc is quite common, the 300 like this would stand out n my dad can always sit in the back n the lambo doors can b enjoyed by me, but i think this 3oo looks cool n exclusive.
Can u tell me what would be the cost of
1)Lambo doors
2)Phantom grill
3)22'' rims
4)Low profile tires
5)UV protection tints
6)HID lights
7)After market wooden trim package
8)Interior upgrades
9)Any other suggestions
I have got many other small but great looking upgrades in mind
Tell me please how much would each one cost me in dubai n if i go 4 rhd then wat would it cost me in london n what is da better option cause i wanna get the smallest engine 300 lx cause of risinng petrol prices n wat abt the diesel engine if i get from london
Please tell me if i need to get it serviced or repaired in pakistan then would there b any problems cause my dad is really focusing on that
And yeah there is also a wide body 3oo,is it available in 300 lx cause that looks great n i really wanna get that n can u tell me a place in london from where i can get these mods done if i get it from there
HEART BREAK KID
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby HEART BREAK KID on Fri May 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Ok now i get that,thanx tnt
Are'nt there ny that r already imported n will it b a wise decision to import cause i think that there is a 2% duty on impoting cars,am i right, n what abt a 25 months old car is the duty same, please guide me on this as i dont know much abt it n i really want my dad to have this car,i would also keep me occupied wen i am in pakistan,so please help me on this tnt, thanx again
HEART BREAK KID
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby T.N.T on Fri May 23, 2008 7:24 pm

First of all, if you want a RHD 300, you won't get one in the UAE. Servicing and spare parts would be a pain in the ass so I recommend ignoring the 300 and looking for something else.
As for the customisation, I can't give you an exact estimate as the price changes from place to place and also depends on the quality of the products. I'd say you'll need around 30-50k AED to make your 300 stand out.
One way I suggest is importing the 300 from the UK to the UAE, getting all the work done on it here and then exporting it to Pakistan.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby HEART BREAK KID on Fri May 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Yeah thats just what is in my mind but wont the importing cost me 2% duty and r u suggesting me to get a lhd 3oo?
Can u tell me what would a 20 to 25 months old, low mileage 3oo cost me in dubai after importing (including freight charges-dont know if those r da right spellings).
Can u tell me the freight charges for 3oo from london 2 uae n then uae to pakistan?
Will the servicing n spare parts be a pain 4 me in pakistan and if yes is there a way 2 overcome it?
Sorry 4 da pain bro
HEART BREAK KID
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby HEART BREAK KID on Fri May 23, 2008 10:00 pm

U aalso said that there r quite afew 300lx in awir so if u r against rhd 300 then cant we just get 1 from awir, that would ease us from the burden n expense of importing
HEART BREAK KID
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby T.N.T on Sat May 24, 2008 10:20 am

What kinda pain? I'm here to help you :)
I'm not suggesting you to get a LHD 300, I'm just asking you to drop the whole idea of a 300.
I have no idea about the freight charges at all, I hope someone else here might be able to help you. Or if you can wait, I can try to contact a few companies and get their quote.
Like I said before, servicing and spare parts will be a pain for you in Pak. First of all it'll cost you quite a lot as you'll have to ship every spare part to Pakistan. If you had considered the 5.7 V8 300C, it would've been better because in that case, you can just buy the parts from Al-Futtaim (dealers in Dubai) whenever you are here and send them to Pakistan.
There are many 300LXs roaming the streets here but all of them are LHD.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Sat May 24, 2008 12:46 pm

Get a Bentley! That'll stand out. Go for the sportier models if you wanna drive it yourself as well.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Sat May 24, 2008 3:05 pm

It'll cost five times as much :)
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby HEART BREAK KID on Sat May 24, 2008 3:39 pm

Thanx tnt for being there n root u have also helped me alot.The reason i want a 300 is that its not that costly n after a bit of modification it will really stand out, also its very wide n big,its very good loooking.There is a guy in lahore n he says that servicing is not a problem n they also import car parts but yes importing would cost, still i will keep the 5.7l idea in mind but it will b expensive to run n i think duty is also charged on the cc so 5700cc is much more than 2700cc.And yeah please look 4 the freight charges.Actually in the range of a 300 lx there is no other such good looking car, if i add a little in this budget, i can get a used e200 which does not have ny problems but that wont stand out.
And root, bentley in dubai is expensive n in pakistan it would almost cost 2 n a half times more with the duty.
HEART BREAK KID
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby root on Sat May 24, 2008 4:16 pm

Shipping from here does not cost much. Even if you put it on a container it will cost you under $1000 to Karachi. It takes 1-2 days.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HEART BREAK KID on Sat May 24, 2008 5:50 pm

That is if i ship a car but if i want 2 ship some spare parts then it would cost less, right?
HEART BREAK KID
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby HEART BREAK KID on Sat May 24, 2008 5:53 pm

And can u guys tell me if gift or transfer of residence scheme can be used n if yes then how much money/duty/tax it would save me on a 25 months old 300 lx
HEART BREAK KID
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Next

Return to General Chat