Fooling the radar can be costly!

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Fooling the radar can be costly!

Postby root on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Yet another device is out on the market it seems to hide from the radar. I heard about sprays, but this one is a bit more high-tech. I wonder which laser is used to penetrate those metal plates.

The other more outstanding fact is the 750k offenses that were caught and jailed by the police. I am guessing that there are more than 1 offense per person, otherwise almost every other person with a driving license has been busted on this!

From the Gulf Today!

New car technology avoiding radars baffles police

NEW SMS messages were circulated amongst blackberry users on Tuesday promoting a new device which hides the vehicle plate number by blurring the numbers making it impossible to read in radar photos.

Two small metal sheets are attached behind the number plates, which send off a light that penetrate the plates and blurs the numbers.

The sheets are controlled by a remote control held by the driver who activates them accordingly.

The SMS encourages users to purchase this device in order to avoid hefty traffic fines received as a result of over speeding ignoring the dangers and risks associated with driving above the legal limit. The device costs 700Dhs.

Police have halted many attempts such as these by drivers before, however this new technology raises many questions regarding the checking and monitoring at customs and entries.

Dubai Traffic Public Prosecution in cooperation with Dubai Traffic Police announced that vehicle number plate manipulators were referred to the Public Prosecution for investigations, jailed and fined 20,000Dhs.

According to the Federal Traffic Law issued in 1995 and its amendments till 2007, Article no. 49 states that those who commit this kind of violation will be jailed and fined no less than 20,000Dhs or both to anyone who distorts, obscures or changes vehicle number plate information. The team succeeded capturing 742,259 violations.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: Fooling the radar can be costly!

Postby azi malik on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:41 am

hahahhaa lezee how many ppl get it
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer