Watch out! No more street or sand racing :)

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Watch out! No more street or sand racing :)

Postby root on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:12 pm

I guess we knew about the speeding fines, but they've just gone up!
The news I guess is the part of the sandy parts racing. I thought the sand was off-limits to police, but it does not seem like that anymore.

From Emirates 24/7
Dubai Police to confiscate speeding cars
Drivers will also get 12 black points and a fine of Dh2,000

In an effort to reduce road accidents, Dubai Traffic Police will impound speeding cars beginning Tuesday.

According to Major-General Mohammed Saif Al Zaffin, Director-General, Dubai traffic Police, excessive speed is one of the primary reasons for accidents, reported 'Al Bayan' newspaper.

Any two or more cars seen 'racing' will be confiscated, he said and added traffic law allows police to impound a car for 30 days in addition to a fine of Dh2,000 and 12 black points for reckless driving. However, repeat offenders will have their vehicles confiscated permanently.

Zaffin said police patrols will be intensified covering all locations of the emirate, including sandy areas to check on speeding motorists.

The move aims to not only help motorists respect traffic rules but also ensure their safety, he added.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: Watch out! No more street or sand racing :)

Postby azi malik on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:36 am

hmmm daz scary...
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to General Chat