Ford Shelby Mustang 2010

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Ford Shelby Mustang 2010

Postby hintza on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:59 am

Recently I was in Al Tayer Motors looking at the new 2010 Shelby Mustang as I would really like to purchase. While looking over the vehicle I noticed these are not GCC spec as the speedometer is in MPH instead of Kilometres and there is no Arabic writing on any of the labels on the vehicle and no Arabic owner manuals. From what I saw this looks exactly like the model made for the US market? When I look at the normal GT Mustang these are GCC spec with Arabic writing on the labels and KPH speedo.
Will a GCC spec Shelby Mustang be made for this market and if not how will this current US spec Shelby Mustang be in Dubai with the hotter summer months soon to be upon us.
hintza

My Ride: Hummer
My Profession: Technical Manager
My Dream Ride: Mustang Shelby

Re: Ford Shelby Mustang 2010

Postby root on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:14 pm

Normally what happens is that not all models are imported to UAE. Now sometimes dealers get a few of the 'special' models just to spice up the collection, but normally on some customer order. It is probable that someone ordered this car but did not take delivery and its out for sale now.

These special imports can vary - they can be pure customized or just the vanilla US/foreign version. You will need to ask Al-Tayer about this. Also double-check on the warranty and service on this model. It is not certain that they will provide the same cover they provide for other Fords.

As long as they provide you a 3-year or 5-year warranty, you should be fine.

Nissan and Mitsubishi and others will import non-standard models for you, but then they do not provide local warranty for those models.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to General Chat