Yet another insane decision if it's true

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Re: Yet another insane decision if it's true

Postby root on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:35 pm

Well, shouldn't be saying this but the new car dealers are all owned by the big families who also are part of many of the policy making in the Municipality, Chamber of Commerce and other government departments. It seems like someone has been using their influence for gaining even more profits from their new car business.

In Japan, they have a similar rule, and although its put on the environmentalists, it also has its root in the strong car lobby in the country to keep domestic demand high.

In Germany, the car manufacturers also have a strong lobby, and one reason for not still having speed limits on certain auto-bahns. (Who would buy a Mercedes SL500 or BMW M5 if there is a 110 km/h speed limit?).

It's at this stage that governments and rulers come in for the betterment of the country and try to see the adverse effects of certain decisions on the masses. The problem is probably not if you or me can buy an old classic as a nice weekend drive, but rather that this rule will exclude thousands of blue-collar workers from car ownership, and they are needed for the functioning of the economy. Without public transport at adequate levels, we are really causing a problem here for a lot of people. End result is going to be inflation for everyone, and less competitive environment for business.

There are so many other ways to improve traffic and environment that should be done first. Like car-pooling incentives, better public bus infrastructure, road-tax based on engine size and emission-level, etc

This rule only benefits the new car dealers! No one else. And they are already making a killing by their monopolies that it does not seem to make sense to give them even more.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Previous

Return to General Chat