Xtrail information needed

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Xtrail information needed

Postby altasneem on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Hi everyone.I want to thank all of you for this nice site.
I am planning to buy Nissan Xtrail 2003.The price asked is 40000Dhs,and another one 2005 Model for 49950Dhs. I am not aware of the prices.Can you guys please help me out and give me some advice which one will be better.Frankly speaking my original budget is until 40000Dhs,but when i see that the model is new and the price difference is 9950dhs,so i am confused.Please help me.
altasneem

My Ride: corolla 98

Re: Xtrail information needed

Postby root on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:25 pm

Don't know what the price should be for second hand Xtrails, but I would recommend that you do a Search for Xtrails on this site and you'll get a good idea of what they're being sold at.

On your choice, it seems like the 2005 is a better deal. You are paying 10k extra, but you'll get those back when you sell it. Now, there are a lot more factors which you did not mention..like car condition, and mileage.

My logic around buying cars is that buying something cheap is not necessarily the best choice (unless you are very short on cash and have better things to do with that cash). If you buy a car for 50k and sell it after 2 years for 35k, or you buy for 40k and sell it after 2 years for 25k, your cost of ownership is really 15k in both cases. Then might as well enjoy a newer car. If you get it financed, the monthly difference is not that huge either.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby altasneem on Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:46 pm

Thanks Roots for the reply.Actually 2003 is 78000Kms and accident free.while 2005 is 137000Kms.Any more feed back will be highly appreciated.
altasneem

My Ride: corolla 98

Postby root on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:56 pm

aha...the 2005 has a lot of mileage on it! That explains why the price difference ain't that large.

I would tend to go with a car with lower mileage personally. If you're spending upto 50k, I'd expect a bit less mileage for a 2005.

Looking at: http://www.autodealer.ae/plugins/ad/advsearch.php
and putting in "trail" in model (as then it matches all the mis-spelled X-trails and xtrials), you'll see that you should be able to get the 2005 with lower mileage for the same price.

Again..everything depends on the condition of the car..a low mileage without proper service can be worse with a well-kept with more mileage.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:45 pm

Do you want to buy a 2005 X-Trail?
I've got one:
95k kms, FULL SERVICE HISTORY (always serviced through Al-Rostamani, never taken anywhere else)
Perfect exterior and interior condition. Always taken care of and never even switched to 4WD mode, honestly.
Do reply if you want to buy!
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Return to General Chat